Cultivating and Anchoring the Gifts of Higher Sensitivity: An Embodied Intensive for Clinicians – Summer 2019
It is often our own gifts at the higher end of the sensitivity continuum that first begin to awaken a connection to the healer archetype – that soul longing to contribute to the healing of others and the world through some combination of the innate archetypes within our own beings. Unfortunately, there is seldom much taught out in the open about how the potential gains and pitfalls of such gifts and experiences might be best supported and navigated throughout the lifespan of our personal and professional journeys. This embodied intensive draws from the tools and wisdom of Dr. Elaine Aron’s HSP (highly sensitive person) frame, Dr. Judith Orloff’s work regarding intuitive empathy, Dr. Stephen Porges’s Polyvagal Theory, dance/movement therapy, sensory processing theory, and shamanism to provide a whole-person conceptualization of higher sensitivity that seeks to create space for nourishment and anchoring at each level of our being – body, mind and soul. Come learn practical tools to support the deepening of your own capacity and sustainability in your work, even as you also learn to apply them within a therapeutic frame with clients.
Who: Clinicians who resonate with the experiences of empaths, intuitives, HSPs (highly sensitive persons), and/or other profiles of higher sensitivity
What: 13-hour embodied intensive weaving together lecture, discussion, and experiential exploration
When: Fri., 5/31/19 – 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Sat., 6/1/19 – 9:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Sun., 6/2/19 – 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where: The Healing House, 701 Morrow Street, Austin 78752
Cost: $425 – payable by cash, check or credit card
$150 deposit saves your spot. Balance of the full amount is due by the start of the intensive (5/31/19).
Note: 1. Space is limited to a total of 9 participants
2. 13.0 CEUs are available for Social Workers and Professional Counselors.
3. Refund Policy: Full registration fee minus a $35 administrative fee available through 5/10/19. Partial refund of $200 available through 5/20/19. No refund available after 5/20/19.
To Register: Download the flyer & registration form here or contact me at (512) 560-7294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Embodied Intensive Agenda/Syllabus:
Friday, May 31 – 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Introducing the 3 branches of the conceptual frame
- Combining “top down” and “bottom up” approaches together to support the whole – Polyvagal Theory
- Sensory processing theory – nourishing the chronically overstimulated nervous system
Saturday, June 1 – 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Dancing with the warrior child/sensitive child polarization – laying the groundwork for trust
- Beginning the process of “righting” injured instinct
- Change/growth model: feminine and masculine growth lines
- Developing felt sense of relative safety – Animal and plant energies as allies/protectors
Saturday, June 1 – 1:15 – 4:15 p.m.
- Body as threat/body as resource – developing a more conscious relationship with the body and felt sense
- Movement and sound as resources
- Invoking the archetype of the Fool
- Playing with rhythm
Sunday, June 2 – 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Trauma and its role in binding authentic power
- Soul loss and soul retrieval
- Intergenerational trauma/patterns and ancestral/lineage work
- Building capacity – supporting the physical structure as it shifts to accommodate the return of more authentic power
- Plants as resource – closing ritual