Cultivating and Anchoring the Gifts of Higher Sensitivity: A Gentle Intensive for Clinicians
It is often our own gifts at the higher end of the sensitivity continuum that lead many of us into the field of psychotherapy to begin with, though there is seldom much taught out in the open about how the potential gains and pitfalls of such gifts and experiences might be best supported and navigated throughout the lifespan of our personal and professional journeys. This gentle intensive draws from the tools and wisdom of Dr. Elaine Aron’s HSP (highly sensitive person) frame, Dr. Judith Orloff’s work regarding intuitive empathy, dance/movement therapy, sensory processing theory, and shamanism to provide a whole-person conceptualization of higher sensitivity that seeks to create space for nourishment and anchoring at each level of our being – body, mind and soul. Come learn practical tools to support the deepening of your own capacity and sustainability in the work, even as you also learn to apply them to the therapeutic process with clients.
Who: Clinicians who resonate with the experiences of empaths, intuitives, HSPs (highly sensitive persons), and/or other profiles of higher sensitivity
What: 13-hour gentle intensive weaving together lecture, discussion, and experiential exploration
When: Fri., 5/5/17 – 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Sat., 5/6/17 – 9:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Sun., 5/7/17 – 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where: The Healing House, 701 Morrow Street
Cost: $400 – if full payment received by 4/1/17
$450 – if payment received after 4/1/17
$150 deposit saves your spot. Balance of the full amount is due by the stated dates above.
Note: 1. Space is limited to a total of 9 participants
2. 13.0 CEUs are available for Social Workers and Professional Counselors.
3. Refund Policy: Full registration fee minus a $35 administrative fee available through 4/15/17. Partial refund of $200 available through 4/24/17. No refund available after 4/24/17.
To Register: Download the flyer & registration form here, use the contact form below to send me an e-mail or call me at (512) 560-7294
Gentle Intensive Agenda/Syllabus:
Friday, May 5 – 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Introducing the branches of the conceptual frame
- Combining “top down” and “bottom up” approaches together to support the whole
- Sensory processing theory – nourishing the chronically overstimulated nervous system
Saturday, May 6 – 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Dancing with the warrior child/sensitive child polarization
- Honoring the sacrifices of the child selves – creating space and building trust
- Change/growth model: feminine and masculine growth lines
- Animal and plant energies as allies/protectors
Saturday, May 6 – 1:15 – 4:15 p.m.
- Body as threat/body as resource – developing a more conscious relationship with the body and felt sense
- Movement and sound as resources
- Invoking the archetype of the Fool
Sunday, May 7 – 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Trauma and its role in binding authentic power
- Soul loss and soul retrieval
- Shadow work
- Building capacity – supporting the physical structure as it shifts to accommodate the return of more authentic power
- Intergenerational trauma/patterns & the power of lineage work